Monday, November 9, 2009

North Carolina friend

Home again! I worked in Greensboro, NC last weekend. I was excited to see the Fall colors and my friend Leilani who lives in North Carolina now. She is at the University of North Carolina getting her Master's degree. I am grateful that my work allows me to travel to places that I have friends at that I probably wouldn't be able to see otherwise. Once I knew I was going to Greensboro, I called Leilani and asked how far away she was from Greensboro - she said 1 hour away and our date was set for that Saturday night!

You can always tell how great of a friendship you have when you can see a friend you haven't seen in months and just pick up right where you left off. We went to a Mexican food restuarant (definitley not Tex-Mex..haha) and ate and talked for hours. Yes, our waitress was ready for us to leave and give up our table but we had so much to catch up on.

We had so much fun and it was hard to say good-bye again but I know I'll see her again at Christmas! Friendship is something I never take for granted!

Me & Leilani

No comments: