Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Will Try...

When I think of ducks, I think of the picture above, flying free and enjoying life. When Brian thinks of ducks, he thinks of the picture below, dead and mounted. See the difference?

Brian is off on his annual duck hunting trip in Arkansas and for the past couple of weeks he has been so excited and ready for this trip. He always has a good time and loves getting away with his friends. I will be honest and say that I have never ever had any interest in hunting. I know that's what a lot of people do and live for that first day of hunting every year but it has never been a date I circled on my calendar...Until Now...

I know on that date forward, I will not see my future husband on Saturday mornings and the topic of conversation will be how many ducks were shot, etc... I make a vow right now to promise to try to be interested in hunting, to care about how many ducks were shot and to understand his enjoyment in all that is duck hunting. Now that is LOVE!

*Note...we have not discussed hunting in our pre-marital counseling :-)

3 comments:

Kati said...

ha ha! funny. how long is he gone for? i am watching the office (re-run) :/

Goob said...

Just know that duck hunting trips is a great time to catch up on shopping!!!!!!!!

BigHead said...

Now all we need to go is get you out there with me.