Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10 years ago...


Our team 10 years ago at the State Tournament - I am rockin' the bangs - #11

I can't believe it has been 10 years but here we are. 10 years ago this Spring, my high school basketball team won the 2A Girl's State Basketball Championship. I've got the gold to prove it! I have so many great memories from that season and looking back I know that I was apart of something many people rarely realize.

Friday night in Hughes Springs, my high school recognized our accomplishment from 10 years ago by honoring us during their games. It was nice to go back home again and Brian, Mom and Dad came along with me. I got to see all my teammates, some I hadn't seen since I graduated in 2000. Not too much has changed except we are 10 years older. Hughes Springs has built a new gym since I graduated so I got to see that too. It was just a fun time overall.

We get to celebrate our 10 year anniversary again in Austin, March 7 at 2pm when we are recognized at the Girl's State Championship Tournament. Can't wait to see everybody again!

Our Championship picture & our Championship trophy

1999 State Championship Team being honored

All of us together again!

Melissa, Teshina & Me - miss these girls!

No comments: