Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Same Kind of Different As Me

So, my goal lately has been to read more. I am currently on Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur and I will let you know how that is when I finish it. But I wanted to write about the book I just finished - Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. Everyone at work received this book around Christmas. I heard it was good but I put off reading it until my trip to Spokane. I knew I was going to have a couple of long flights so I thought this book would keep me occupied - and I was right! It is a story about Ron Hall - a rich Texas art dealer and Denver Moore - a homeless man living in Ft. Worth. It is an amazing story on how each person imapacted the other's life. You read both sides of the story - the chapters are divided up - one being told by Denver and then the next by Ron. It is also a wonderful book dedicated to Ron's wife, Debbie, who was instrumental in getting Ron to work with her at the Union Gospel Mission in Ft. Worth. This book also shows the impact you can have on somebody's life by just being their friend. It really touched me and encouraged me to care for others just as Jesus did. If you are a reader, I definitely suggest this book and I have a copy if you would like to borrow it!

1 comment:

Kati said...

I would LOVE to borrow it! I am so into reading right now and as soon as I get half way through a book, I start planning my next one :) Happy Friday!